Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby Update

I am still very much pregnant :) 

I feel like it's kind of been on the back burner, just because we've become so busy all of a sudden.  I mean, sure I remember I am enormous with child when I can't pick crap up off the floor, or as I am *running* to get Chase before he walks in the open door of an unknown neighbor's house (yeah- picture me 8 mos pg sprinting across the hot asphault in 90 degree temperatures.  I know.), or at the end of the day when I wish I could just amputate my leg because my sciatic nerve is that bad.

But mostly, it's alright.

We're getting through and I think there are only 5ish more weeks to go.  That will take me to 39 weeks, a place that I've never been.  Both boys were 2ish weeks early.  But I keep saying that, knowing that I am probably jinxing myself, and this baby will end up being my 40+ weeker.  In the heat of the summer.  

Anyway.  This is a little rambly.  But I just think that this pregnancy has gone by so fast, without me really enjoying it (is that possible?) or at least documenting it or being completely aware of it.  Besides the fact that I am totally missing lunchmeat and mojitos.

So, we will have a third kid in this house soon, and that is still surreal to me.  I think I was more prepared with Ian and Chase...anticipated them more, was more anxious...I don't really know how to describe it.  It's not that I'm not looking forward to Gavin's arrival (will he get Bryan's dark eyes?  Will he be a blondie like Ian?  Will he be laid back like Chase?  What will his little baby face look like?  How much have I missed that newborn-falling-asleep-on-my-chest feeling?) but that it just doesn't seem real to me yet.  Or to Bryan, I think, for that matter (am I right about that, Baby?).  

I don't know.  There's really no point to this post.  Just wanted to update you all on the littlest guy.  Oh, and to let you know that for the first time ever in three pregnancies, I lost weight between visits!  Dr isn't worried, you know, since I've already compensated for that...

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Glad to hear he's still in there. :)

Even though we mainly only keep in touch through blogs, I agree that your pregnancy has gone by very quickly! I can't wait to meet the 3rd Maddex!! I'm sure he'll be just as beautiful as the first 2.

Angelle said...

I know the surreal feeling...