Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pants on Fire

Ian has accomplished a new skill: lying.

This morning Bryan had the boys downstairs while I took a snooze. When I came down, he left for the store (to buy a Wii- but that's another story). Ian immediately asked me for a cookie (one of Angelle's Butter Balls from the cookie exchange yesterday- YUM!)

I asked Ian if he already had a good breakfast. He told me that yes, he had. I didn't quite believe him, so I asked him what he ate. He told me he had yogurt.

I figured that was pretty specific, so I was pretty sure that he was telling me the truth. I gave him a cookie.

Then I went to the fridge to get some milk for my coffee, and I noticed the full pack of yogurt minus the one that he ate last night. LIAR!

I asked Ian if he really had a yogurt for breakfast, and he looks at me (with cookie crumbs all over his face) with these big eyes and said, "No, Mama. I didn't."

We had a talk about telling the truth. He was sorry. I made him eat yogurt and a banana and some Cheerios.

As soon as he finishes his real breakfast, he asks for another cookie. I tell him no. He asks again. No. Again. No. Rephrase. No. But I just want a little one...NO. No more. The end.

Silence. He walks away. He turns around:

"But Leah said I could borrow her cookie and eat it now...!"

Extra points for creativity, but still, No.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That IS pretty specific for a lie. Not a fun trick, that's for sure.

But what I really want to know ... did Bryan get the Wii?? That's like a quest for the holy grail ...