Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another Ianism

Today was a LONG day.

Ian decided to forgo his nap, and instead spent well over an hour coming up with every excuse in the book to get out of bed and open up his door.

He needed lotion for his face.
He needed a drink of water.
He needed another drink of water.
He drank so much water that he had to go pee pee.
He needed to clip his hangnail.
He needed to throw a ball over the half-wall into the foyer.

AGH!!

So, after the 400th time I went in there to tell him to settle down, I told him that he lost the privilege of having a big boy doorknob (up until about a week ago we kept a guard on the knob so he was trapped- I know, we're horrible parents.)

He looks at me and says, "But I don't want to be a pickle."

?

Then I realized...privilege. I explained to him that a privilege is something you get that is special, like having a big boy door. But you lost that privilege because you played around too much.

Ian realizes that this means he will no longer be able to come and go freely. And he's super super overtired and very VERY touchy. He starts wailing so loudly that the neighbors can hear him from across the street:

"But I don't WANT to be a pickle-lege....!" Over and over. And over.



And no, he never took a nap.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Silvi has just learned that if she wets her diaper numerous times then she can delay her bed time by a few minutes. I hope she doesn't hurt something trying to pee so often...

Get some sleep.

Kacey Bode said...

You crack me up. Ian and Hunter would get along so well!! Masters of excuses and like to tell on themselves : )