Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baking Therapy

I had the urge tonight, after Bryan had taken over all Parenting Duties, to bake.

I guess it's cheaper than retail therapy. Though more fattening.

I began the starter for Amish Friendship Bread. Does anyone remember this? I remember my mom occasionally making this. I haven't seen it since then.

So, in 10 days, I should have a deliscious (and friendly!) loaf of bread. And 3 of my closest friends will have their own little yeasty starter to make their own. Anyone want dibs??

In the meantime, I will finish making the yeast rolls we were supposed to have for dinner tonight before All Hell Broke Loose and I went to Food Lion and picked up a bag of hamburger buns.

5 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

DIBS!!

Angelle said...

And I will take Tiffany's when she does her cycle, since I will be back from LA by then.

Anonymous said...

Be very Afraid!

It will take over your life, forcing you to cancel vacations, get a "dough sitter" when you are not home, and bake sweet breads so you will not "waste" this perfectly good dough.

I finally had to let it die. And here it is, back to haunt me.....

AAAAGH!

Laurie said...

Just for that negative comment, Mom, I will be saving a starter just for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Noooo!