Saturday, December 22, 2007

Food Wars


Still trying to get Chase to eat more than fruit, cereal and Cheerios. Sometimes I can get him to eat veggies if I slip them in between bites of fruit. He's not fooled all the time, though.

He seems to like everything that I eat, though. So today I gave him a mushed up green pea. He loved it! Then he ate a handful of them (one at a time, of course!)

So, I guess I'll ditch the jarred baby food attempts and just move straight to table food. That's ok, right?

5 comments:

Kacey Bode said...

That picture of Chase is SO cute. I see nothing wrong with skipping the baby food, in fact it's probably better that way, then you don't have to transition away from it and onto table food!! Good job Chase!!!

Michelle said...

Such a cute messy face! Great picture! And if he's ready to skip baby food, that's great!

Wow, they grow so fast ...

LeShayne said...

Must be a Maddex baby thing - our kids were picky out of the jar but would eat anything else. Peas, bits of cooked carrot, yams, etc - do what works. Cute picture too. See you soon.

Grace said...

love it! I never fed the boys baby food.They went from cereal to table food.I used to steam veggies,mush them up with a fork then freeze them in an ice tray-When they were ready to eat I would pop them out of the tray,warm em up and as you can tell-my boys eat anything!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Grace--that's how I fed you and Scott. I had a few jars set aside for an emergency, but when Scott turned 6 I finally threw them out.