Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Common Threads

I finished Expecting Adam- and the second half of the book was as good as the first. I still highly, highly recommend it.

And as if she knew I was ready for my next read, my Aunt Konni sent me this book yesterday (along with a monster load of scrpbooking magazines and books...guess I have to buckle down and do some scrapping!!):
Common Threads, Celebrating Life with Down Syndrome
It is a beautiful, uplifting, inspiring book filled with stories from parents and families who have been touched by Down syndrome. The photographs are amazing. After I'm done reading, it will have a permanent place on my coffee table. Because I want others to page through it, and it also covers drink rings and sticky residue left from Ian's ocassional spilled snacks... :)

Thanks again, Konni!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I also have Common Threads on my coffee table. My favorite book though is Gifts. Have you read that?

Kacey Bode said...

I too loved Expecting Adam, and also have Common Threads though not on my coffee table because "monster baby" as my son calls her likes to throw everything off of every surface she can reach, so when she gets older it will secure itself out in the open! Have you read Gifts?? It is my favorite too!!!