Thursday, December 13, 2007

Birthday Horoscope

I like reading the "If Today is Your Birthday" horoscopes. Not that I believe in them, really, but it's fun.

So, today, as I turn 28 *yipes!* it says:
Study the world's great philosophers this year. Odds are you'll become one of them.

And then, my regular old Sagittarious one says:
Does becoming wealthy diminish your chances of enlightenment? It won't, by the way.

Sooooooo. Does that mean I will become a wealthy philosopher?? Sweet!

Does anyone know where to start with reading philosophy? Tom, that's really directed at you. I'm interested in becoming enlightened.

11 comments:

Christeeny said...

Happy Birthday Laurie!

Tiffanyrose said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Angelle said...

Happy Birthday Laurie. I hope you have as a relaxing of a day as possible. :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to you!
28 is nothing....it is 30 that is scary!

I just turned 30 in Sept.

Jen said...

You're only 28? Now I'm REALLY depressed. I've got a good 8 years on you.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, you young thing.

Cate said...

Happy Birthday!

Emily said...

28 is a great birthday! I loved it so much that I had my 3rd 28th birthday in October!

Have a good one...

Tom said...

Uh Oh, I'm in the spotlight. Happy Birthday, Laurie.

Hmmm... my favorite book on philosophy is a mix of theology called Three Philosophies of Life by Peter Kreeft.

But if you want to check out the basics of philosophy, there is no better choice than a book called Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, a mix of mystery story and the philosophy basics.

Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I like Calvin and Hobbes cartoons. Ask your brother. He did a paper on them in high school. Got an "A">

Mom

Laurie said...

Thanks, Tom. I am off to Amazon.