Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coupon Clipping Madness

Bryan made me sign up for this stupid time consuming online coupon list thingy.

It's SO AWESOME!!!!!

He helped me clip everything and organize everything and print out lists and follow the website's directions. We even made it out to two stores this evening (with the kids!) and did crazy coupon shopping.

Ian and Chase actually had fun. Bryan took Ian on missions (while Chase rode on his shoulders) to find the targeted items, and I got to steer the cart and organize all my coupons and lists without any kids grabbing at things or whining at me because there were no free cookies left at 8 o'clock at night.

Anyhoo. Our grand totals of savings?? We got $124.98 worth of groceries for $62.71! Seriously.

And in a dorky kind of way, ok, a really REALLY dorky kind of way, it was fun. Bryan and I spent a bunch of time together working on a project, and the kids liked being out and about and had fun with Daddy on their missions.

So (this is for my dear hubby), even though I thought it was stupid and a waste of time at the beginning, I now officially and publicly admit that I was wrong, and he is actually the best husband ever who is also really good at saving money and finding fun (albeit nerdy) things to do.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Don't keep us in suspense!!! Link to the stupid coupon clipping site, please. :-)

Angelle said...

Is it the Grocery Game? I actually signed up for that 2 weeks ago but never did anything because of the holidays. If I try it, will YOU help me get organized?

Mandi said...

DUDE! That's 50%!!!! Awesome! I'm on it.

April said...

A friend referred me to this site and I used it for the first time this week too. Saved lots of money. I didn't have the quality family time that you did. Everyone was very whiny by the end. Next week, I'm leaving the family at home.