Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

**Warning!  Sappy post!!**

I am so blessed to have two wonderful Daddies in my life.  

My dad, who provided me with such a wonderful role model to grow up with, and my husband, who is like my dad in many (sometimes scary) ways.

Of course, I knew way more than my father while I was growing up, but he managed to point me in (mostly) the right direction.  He took our family camping, t0 church, on train trips, to museums, and car shopping.  He showed me how to use power tools and how to paint a room without using blue painter's tape everywhere.  We lived in houses that were continually under construction, but he taught me the value in finishing a project the right way.  He loves my mom, he tells bad jokes, and he isn't afraid to be a grandpa in the best possible way.  Thanks, Dad.

And my husband, who works incredibly hard for our family (even though he thinks I stay home and eat bon bons all day), loves us all unconditionally, and reminds me that life is not all about doing everything practical, but about stopping to laugh and play along the way.  He has put up with me since high school, watched me and stood by me as I made good choices and bad ones, and is teaching our boys how to be stand up men; thinkers, honorable, proud, charitable, and kind.  You are an amazing husband, and more than I could ask for in a Daddy to the boys.

Happy Father's Day to my two best men.  You mean so much to me.