Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gavin Elijah Maddex

Gavin Elijah Maddex was born at 12:32am this morning weighing in at 8 lbs and 13 oz! He is 22 inches long and doing just great!!

Mom was a champ and delivered her third son all naturally without any drugs and also is doing great! (What a great coach she must have!)

Gavin couldn't wait to get here! Contractions started at about 7pm and he kept the hospital staff on their toes until his quick arrival. In all fairness I did warn them that I was keeping a tight schedule. I had predicted his birth by midnight, and will blame the 32 minute delay on the lack of rooms available.

Side note, I am gently reminding Laurie that she needs to rename her blog. Feel free to submit your recomendations, along with an official entry form and $5 entry fee. All proceeds will benefit the "Laurie is looking forward to a glass of wine fund". The winner will be allowed to donate said bottle of wine. :)

Bryan

11 comments:

Cate said...

Congratulations! He is gorgeous. He looks so calm, just taking it all in.

I will gladly donate an entire bottle of wine for Laurie. She's earned it!

The Schou Family Blog said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations! I am very happy for you all. Miss you guys.

Jen said...

Yay! So excited! Congratulations, Superwoman. And family! It is definitely a great day for a birthday. :)

Nikki said...

I love that you posted a video! So much better than a still shot. He is gorgeous! Can't believe how flawless his face looks for 11 hours old.

8 lbs 13 oz and no drugs... WOW!

Congratulations, Bryan and Laurie!

My name is Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hello Gavin!

Anonymous said...

What a cool video! I showed it to everyone here.

-Scott

Jennie said...

What a beautiful baby! He has that "what in the world was that?" look on his face. And Laurie, you're my hero... no drugs?!

jessica said...

Yay!! Congrats! It's my son's birthday today, too, only he's turning 2. Hold on tight to that new little guy so he doesn't grow up so fast! :) What a cutie patootie.

Michelle said...

oh I love him! He's beautiful! And the same size my Braden was, so that's fun for me.

Take care of yourselves!

April said...

Gavin is beautiful. We can't wait to meet him. Congrats!!!!

LeShayne said...

Of course he is absolutely adorable like your other two. Congratulations to both of you!