Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mommy, Did You Miss Me?

It seems that my sweet Ian has come out of hiding.  

Things yesterday got a little better, so I took the boys out to run errands and picked up some Chik-fil-a for dinner and promised that we could have a picnic outside with it.  Well, to Ian, apparently that meant that he could fool around on the swingset and not eat his dinner, and also terrorize Chase by pushing him off the swing and also sliding into him when he was clearly standing at the bottom of the slide.

So we went inside.

Crying.

And he proceeded to play around and not eat.

So I put the rest of his dinner in the fridge and took him to bed.  Crying.

Again, he turned it around, we read a story, we had a 'talk', things are going to be better tomorrow...and he fell asleep in probably 2 seconds.  He was a tired, tired, boo-boo.

When I finally dragged myself upstairs to bed that evening, I went into his room, laid next to him, and told him that I loved him so much.  He stirred a little, but not much.  He looks so angelic sleeping.  Much more so than the demon child he was when he was awake today.

He called for me at 5am this morning, and in his sweet little voice, he asked me to put his big covers on because he was a little cold.  Then he said, "Mommy?  Did you miss me?"  Like he knew that he was a different child yesterday, but all was ok because he was back.

I think cuteness must be some sort of defense mechanism or survival instinct.

1 comment:

Angelle said...

That is adorable. He sure seemed happy this morning. Wanna play outside this afternoon (if it's not too windy)?