Monday, January 4, 2010

Happiness Project- Love Where You're At

My neighbor and friend, Angelle, is doing this Happiness Project thing. I thought, since one of my resolutions this year is to appreciate my blessings and slow down enough to enjoy this life...that it would be a good one for me to jump in on, too.

So, there will be a weekly post on some aspect of happiness (you can read more about the project and the official-ness of it on Angelle's blog). This week it is about loving your location.

So, here goes- 5 Reasons Why I Love Where I Live

1. Space. I love that we are able to afford a house here that has enough space for us all to spread out our stuff, make a general mess, and not bother anyone else (too much) while we do it. Sure, when Bryan puts a big pile of mail on my countertop while I am cooking dinner, it makes me do that big *sigh* thing, but in general, we have enough room to do our thing without bumping elbows for the most part.

2. The Seasons. Charlotte has 4 of them! And all are different! This was a big change coming from Florida. I love the anticipation of the next change in weather. I also love the winter here--- cold enough to know it is January, but not cold enough to have to shovel it.

3. My Culdesac Crew. We live on a culdesac with our best friends. That rocks. I love that our kids can go outside and play together in a safe place. I love that my neighbors always have that one ingredient that I am missing. I also love that we are close enough so that the grown-ups can play games together while the kids are in bed with their monitors on.

4. Chase's Network. The Down Syndrome Association of Charlotte is awesome, and I am happy that Bryan and I can be a part of it and build a network of friends and support for Chase (and Ian and Gavin, too).

5. My Parents. They live close by, and I love that my kids are growing up with such a close bond with them. My dad is always there to help with a fix-it problem, and my mom makes great apple pies. The free babysitting is nice, too. :)

Anyone else up to doing this? Come on. You know you want to.


No comments: