Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back From My Pity Party

Thanks to Angelle who watched the boys while I biked this afternoon :)

It was a little eh out- kinda misty, a little windy, and just generally gray. I really really tried to use it as an excuse to put off riding one more day (or week, whatever.) but I read Mandi's post about her rainy bike experience, and felt pretty wimpy whining (again) about a teeny bit of rain.

So I did it. I got on my crappy bike and did 8.4 miles (that's 2/3 of the bike part!) in 40 minutes! That time also includes the time that I dropped my phone and it went skidding across the road and I almost ran over it, and also the time I had to stop because I almost ran headlong into a little girl. Oops. (She changed directions on me- it really wasn't my fault.) I could have even done more, I think, but I wanted to be able to walk tomorrow and didn't want to push too hard on my first time out on the bike.

So. If I can do the bike portion in under an hour, the swimming in 15 minutes, and add 10 minutes in for transitions, that leaves me with 50 minutes to do the 5k before they haul me off the course for being the slowest person out there-- and that's if I had to do it tomorrow.

I think I may actually be able to do this. Yay for low expectations! (Thanks, Cate!)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

YAY!!! Good for you! I'm glad I inspired you... or guilted you... either way you did it, so i'm glad!