Monday, November 16, 2009

Language Explosion!!

I knew that since Chase started walking that he has been more focused on developing his speech, but it wasn't until today when his speech therapist asked how many words he was saying now that I realized how well he is really doing.

I stopped counting the words that I could remember at 25!!  25 words!!  My almost non-verbal boy has more than 25 real words!!  O.M.G!

Granted, some are not all that intelligible to people outside of our family and therapists, but they are deliberate and precise for him.  I am so incredibly proud of him!   ...and relieved, too.  The thought of sending him to school 3 full days a week without any words was scaring me, I won't lie.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Yay! I have to teach him "crap" and "damn" which is sort of a trademark that I like to pass on.

Angelle said...

That is wonderful!!! I love listening to him talk.

Mandi said...

Go Chasey!!!

carydip said...

Did you count: Hush, Witch and Grama?! :)