Sunday, March 2, 2008

Home!

Well, that was an exciting trip.

It took about 9 hours to get to Orlando. Then an extra 2 hours to find a hotel. Yes, yes, we had reservations at a hotel in the "UCF Area" that my mom had booked ahead of time.

However.

It was the South Orlando campus of UCF. On South Orange Blossom Trail. Yes, for all of you familiar with the area, that is the South OBT area famous for hookers and drug dealers.

There was a sheriff already at the front desk and sweeping the hotel parking lot when we pulled in. He told my dad, "You all look like nice people. You don't need to be staying here." I kid you not.

So we found a Hilton 5 minutes from the real UCF by about 11:30 that night.

I tested on Saturday from 8am-3:30. Whoa is all I can say. There was a big mix of crap I knew, crap I kind of knew, crap I could make a decent guess on, and shit that I didn't have the faintest inkling about. The essay part was easy. So now, all I can do is wait and see. In 30 days, I'll get the results back. You would think they'd be able to score them a little faster than that, right?

We stayed Saturday night in Orlando because Chase was kind of cranky and out of sorts, and it was kind of nice to have the hotel room for the full day while I was testing. We had breakfast and left town this morning and pulled in the driveway at 7ish. Chase was awesome in the car...such a good little traveler. His favorite thing was crinkling the wrapping paper that Gaga brought for him to play with.

So-- we are home and I can finally clear off my dining room table of the mess of books/papers/index cards. And I can clean my bathrooms, which have been sadly neglected for quite some time now.

OH! And I almost forgot!!! When we got home (finally!) and I laid Chase on the floor to let him stretch out a little (poor guy was starting to LOOK like his carseat). He flipped himself over onto his belly and got up on all fours, which he does a lot now. I walked away, and when I came back, he was SITTING UP! OMG!!! I think I scared him I clapped and cheered for him so much!

7 comments:

Rhiannon said...

OMG about the hotel! Glad you found a more decent place to stay. I am sure you did just fine on your test.

Yay for Chase sitting up on his own!! It took Ty forever to be able to do that. I think he did it while we were living with you!

Michelle said...

Hooray for Chase sitting up!! Yay!!!

And Hooray for you - getting your test out of the way! And so glad you made it through the whole trip safely!

Grace said...

thats awesome that Chase is sitting up! I can't believe how much our babies are growing up.
Whats the deal with the 30 day wait? Thats just wrong to do to someone!

Mandi said...

First - YAY FOR CHASE!!! Second - What a crappy drive! I know it was a tight schedule - it's too bad we couldn't meet you somewhere for a quick stop. Oh well - we'll talk soon about July!

Kacey Bode said...

Wow!!! That is a great skill to have!!! I don't think Ella did that until she was like 14 months! He will have so much fun playing now that he can do whatever he wants!!!

Glad your travels were safe, glad your hotel was safe : )

Angelle said...

I'm just glad the sheriff was there to warn you. And THANK GOD that exam is over. Now we can scrapbook! Are you up for a night?

I can't wait to see Chase sit up!

Chris said...

I can only imagine the look on your face when you turned around and saw Chase sitting there--probably with that big smile of his on his face! So cool!

You must be so relieved your test is over--enjoy not having to study!