Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ian is FIVE!




Last year at this time, I was at the hospital trying to convince the triage nurse that yes, indeed, I was having a baby. Ian was 10 days early, and since he was my first, no one believed me that I was actually in labor. Joke was on them when they had to race me down the hallway and up some floors (its a little fuzzy now) and the doctor had to run across the hospital to get there in time to catch him!

So now, my man, you are 5. FIVE! It seems like such a milestone. Five is kindergarten year...where you will spend the majority of his time with someone other than me. And honestly, although you are still my sweet, sweet Eenie, who does things like dig the crystalized ginger out of the pantry when I was too nauseous to get off the couch yesterday (stomach bug- blech), you are also quite the independent rascal now, too (and have mastered things like selective hearing and making excuses).

This year, you went to preschool 4 mornings a week, and your favorite days are Tuesdays and Thursdays because those are the days that Chase goes, too, and you like to sit with him at the end of the day and help him walk out to the car. You are such a good brother. You entertain everyone in the car (by singing nonsense songs loudly, or playing peek-a-boo with a lot of yelling)

You love wrestling with your daddy, helping me with projects, and doing crafts and science experiments with Gaga. You do all of these things your way, however. You have your own opinions, and most of the time, they are final.

You say things like, "Well, let me tell you about my plan," and "Mom! You've GOT to come see this!" You want people to watch what you are doing all the time. Unless you are getting dressed, in which case Gavin isn't even allowed to see you in your underwear.

You started piano lessons this year, gave your first recital, and even play with both hands now! You can read some words, write your first and last name, and write all the capital and lowercase letters. You still love sports, and maybe now that you are a little bigger, this summer's soccer camp will be a little more fun :)

Love you so much, Eenie! You grow so fast, and continually amaze me.

2 comments:

The Schou Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Ian! Wow..can't believe he is 5 already. Give him a big hug from me even though I am pretty sure he doesn't remember who I am. LOL. Miss you guys!

Carydip said...

Happy Birthday Ian!!-again :)
Can't wait to see you! Love~Grama