Monday, December 12, 2011

End of the Year Insurance Spending Spree

I'd love for it all to be about eggnog and Christmas lights right now...but reality is kind of slapping us in the face this year, and we're all about the end of year "get everything taken care of because you've met your deductible" spending.

I've had to leave work early so many afternoons to get glasses, exams, therapy consults, IEP meetings, and pre-operative visits (not to mention the pink-eye fake out that Chase pulled on me last week) done that my principal asked me today how many more times I was planning on leaving at 1:30.  Um, no more- I hope.  I'm not sure what else we can fit in.  It's not that I'm trying to miss work, I'm just trying to miss as little of it as possible while still getting everything taken care of before it costs me a million dollars in January.

Chase and Zeke are getting more than LeapFrog learning toys this year.  They are also going to be getting their very own sets of ear tubes!!  This should cut down on the ear infections (2 since we've been home, I think...?) and luckily for us, they've been able to keep their adenoids from getting too inflamed, and they aren't causing problems, so they will NOT be getting surgery for adenoids along with the tubes.

Zeke will also be getting some exploratory surgery down there.  Seems there is an undescended part (No!  I can't type it out on my blog!) and we're going to go ahead and get that found and pulled down where it is supposed to be so that he doesn't end up with a hernia situation.

Do you think if we put shiny bows and jingle bells all over that they will forgive us for these Christmas gifts?

No comments: