Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good Doctor News, Bad Doctor News

Actually, it's more like Good $ News, Bad $ News.

The Good:
Chase was approved for Synagis (RSV Vaccine) at 100%. We only have to pay the office visit copay. I don't really know how this happened. It's not even through the Patient Access Care Foundation which is supposed to bridge the insurance gap. When we first went through this, we were supposed to have to pay 10%, or upwards of $1,000 for the round of shots. Who knows? I'm not asking.

The Bad:
I went to the chiropractor for my messed up back because I thought I had met my deductable for the year and I had $1500 of chriropractic benefits to use. After two appointments, I find out that there is a seperate deductable of $300 for chiropractic care. Now I have met the deductable. And I have 4 more days to get as many visits in as I can for this calendar year before my deductable balance goes back to zero in January again. All I know is I could have gotten a damn good massage for $300, instead of "spinal manipulation" and "therapy" which, honestly, hasn't made anything feel any better yet.

No comments: